Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

That awkward moment when the priest tells you to back the f%$k up...

edited September 2013 in news & discussions
http://fstoppers.com/the-most-awkward-wedding-photography-video-ever

there are many at fault here...but mainly the priest/officiant lost his mind

rc

Comments

• Remind never to confess to this fellow.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    What I want to know is he would have seen them setting up, he would have known they were there and could have spoken earlier to them.

But, did they have a chat to him before the ceremony even started? Seems very odd he would go off like that if things had of been sorted beforehand surely.

I always ask, even with priests/ministers/celebrants & the Tooth Fairy beforehand where they will be, where I will stand etc.

Overall though, he was not very nice and he could have suggested they move back as they did look really close to the back of him.

The look on the poor bride's face though tells it all! Gotta feel for the couple.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    okie, I did not see comments before I posted [did not scroll down that far, played video and posted] and if you read all the comments there, photographer 'did ask' beforehand and all the priest said was not to go into the aisle, and he snapped like that right before he was to announce them man and wife according to the photographer. Man!
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    Of course it could have been a whole lot worse:

Speak Russian? Please translate.
  • I watched that one earlier Trev and I was laughing...and I wonder what she is bouncing that flash off?
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    travelintrevor said: and I wonder what she is bouncing that flash off?
    oh yeah, I have seen it before and I was wondering the same thing, man I see some silly photog shit when watching the news here, they have NO clue some of them, and are happy to be ignorant doing so.

I also look for the positioning of their hands, and have seen some photogs with their left hand OVER the lens barrel instead of supporting below.
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    However intrusive the photographer may have been, the officiant made it a spectacle. And to threaten to stop the ceremony!?
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    edited September 2013
    OMG, I was just watching the news here in Australia, Channel 7's National Afternoon News and guess what was on it.

The clip of that priest and the couple. The news anchor used the words: 'the testy Priest ordered the video crew out otherwise he would stop the ceremony, how's that for stamping authority, while the couple exchanged awkward glances'... what a coincidence.