Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Paul C Buff - the legend.

Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
edited March 2015 in news & discussions
We lost a luminary - Paul C Buff passed away today, March 23, 2015, at the age of 78 

Comments

• Yes, just read the news.  Very sad. 
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    Thanks for that information/link Neil, even though I did not own any of his products (no shipping internationally and the local 'dealer' here had the items almost 2 times the price) I most certainly like the look/specs of them, and I know a photographer in the States who bought the Einsteins and she absolutely loves them.

• The passing of Paul C. Buff is indeed very sad news. His lighting has always been a staple in my career and he will be deeply missed . I truly believe photographers have lost a true pioneer and we have him to thank for all the options we have today! May he rest in peace and condolences to his family.
  • Very sad News , I was a big Fan of him and loved  using  his products .
    I always thought he  was very brave  for making his products the US..'

Id also like to pass my condolences to family ,  I hope his company and legacy continues he'll be missed.

Lou Recine 
  • edited March 2015
    He will most certainly be missed, not only by his family and friends, but by the multitudes of people using his products. I count myself as one of them. As noted, may he rest in peace.
  • It's a life well-lived when you can spend your career helping people achieve their goals and improve their skills whether they are professionals or amateurs. And if you can make a lot of money at it, all the better, you must be doing it right, and he did. I have an Alien Bee studio light, which was the type of light my college roommate used in her studio and which she said I should get. She was a well-respected extremely talented and sought-after portrait photographer who also died too young.