Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Practical Lighting Balance Workflow & Demo

McGregNiMcGregNi Member
edited January 2016 in technique & style & stuff
I have recently posted this 'demo' thread over at PentaxUser.com. It deals with some basic workflow considerations for indoor lighting balancing using flash. This is bread and butter stuff for many here I know, but the ideas are close to a lot of things that are dealt with in Neils 2 books (on-Camera/Off-Camera Flash), which I own and have devoured religiously (thanks Neil !). 

Here is the link, and there's another at the bottom here .......   https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/indoor-events--mixed-lighting-techniques-55493

I wanted to place the techniques into a common everyday sort of scenario .... in this case a family lunch out ..... and I thought that it would be a good launchpad for some discussion here on approaches and for sharing experiences. 

The camera gear used is Pentax, but the general settings and exposure principals for both manual ambient and automatic TTL flash are the same as for other DSLR systems. I didn't need to show pictures of the equipment on PentaxUser obviously, as that audience knows the items well, but here are a few images of my camera and flash that I used for the demo shots for anyone unfamiliar with the camera and flash used  ....

I hope you find it interesting and please come back with feedback and any other ideas or suggestions for good practice in this sort of shooting environment. 

Nigel