Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Yongnuo 622C Trigger and Canon 580EX (not EX II) Issue

Hi - this is a pretty specific problem, but I'm looking for some help or answers. In the process of messing around with headshot lighting, I came across an issue. My 580EX flash, when connected to a Yongnuo 622 receiver, fires a flash when triggered, but the settings do not change when commanded by the Tx unit. I probably wasted an hour, thinking my meter was screwed up.

When the 580EX is mounted on the camera, the settings cannot be controlled by the external-flash menu in the camera. Could this possibly be the cause of the problem I'm having?

The unfortunate part is this will accept an external battery pack. I have a Yongnuo 580EX II "clone" which will work with the receiver, but does not accept an external pack. This is a potential problem for me if I have to do a job where I want two umbrellas.

Any comments or thoughts are most welcome - Dave

Comments

• dbrunodbruno Member
    I think I figured it out. I connected my smaller 430EX II to the receiver, and everything worked fine. So, I guess if a flash can be fully controlled through the camera, it will be fully controlled through the wireless system. Needs to be a "II" version of the Canon or Yongnuo flashes.

Dave