Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

D750 issue

ALM_327ALM_327 Member
I just shot a portrait session with a new Nikon D750 for the first time the other day and several times during the shoot the image did not immediately display on the LED after releasing the shutter, instead I got an hourglass for about 5 seconds before it showed up. Slightly annoying for a portrait shoot, but I am shooting a wedding Saturday and that obviously would be more than slightly annoying at key times during a wedding and reception.. anyone ever have this happen before? I was saving to both card simultaneously on Sandisk 32gb 80mb/s cards..

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator
    edited May 3

ALM_327,

There appears to be trouble with the shutter on the D750 about flare problems, dark/ugly banding and delay in writing to card. All over forums, etc.

General Google search HERE

STORY ON FLARE/BANDING

Trev
  • CanonJayCanonJay Member
    That rots! I thought the D750 is the Nikon workhorse.. Not sure if its related but I have heard first hand that when saving Raws to one card and Jpgs to the other it only recorded jpgs. No raws. Check your cards. Could be a compatibility issue or faulty card. An easy check is to set the preview to slot one and check and then check slot two for preview playback. If one slot is slower than the other could be the card in that slot. 

-Jay