Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Response to RFP Suggestions

Hi - I'm planning on responding to an RFP for a medical conference.

I would appreciate some suggestions as to what to include. Should I describe my "company", and get into the strengths, or should I just respond to the details: "David Bruno Event Photography is pleased to respond ..., blah blah blah.

Any examples provided would me really helpful.

Thanks - Dave

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator
    Just be yourself, don't embellish, inflate, fabricate any crap mate.

Tell it like it is, much better to be upfront with what you can/cannot do than babble some bullshit, then find you cannot deliver.

Nothing more damaging than word of mouth by event organisers, so just offer your services as they are and let the cards fall as they may.

Trev
  • dbrunodbruno Member
    Trev - I didn't know if I should have an introductory paragraph, describing my style of photography. I have a first draft on my computer at work. I'll post the paragraph, and what I tried doing, which was incorporate some of the stuff they were hoping to capture. I'll post that as well.

Good to hear from you - Dave
  • dbrunodbruno Member
    Trev- This was what I was wondering about, if I should include it as an introduction. I have taken their bullet-point outline on the RFP of what they want and the style they want, and put this together:

I am pleased to provide a response to your RFP for professional photography services during the XXXXX 2018 Annual Meeting. I am an Event Photographer who employs a photojournalistic style to capture the essence of corporate and professional events. I will show through photographs proud and distinguished members of XXXXX, and the XXXXX Founder’s Society, interacting and networking with one another; families and friends celebrating the #### achievement; the cutting edge and collaborative nature of XXXXX education in helping improve patient care; and the overall experience of attendees at the XXXXX 2018 Annual Meeting. 
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Dave,

Make sure you put in paragraphs in it, not all run on.

When you do that you will notice that you commence each sentence with "I", try to think up something else so it's not just about you.

eg:

=======================================

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for the opportunity to take photographs at your RFP Medical Conference and I am pleased of being able to respond offering my professional photography services during the XXXXX 2018 Annual Meeting.

Having had professional experience as an Event Photographer who employs a photojournalistic style to capture the very essence of corporate and professional events, I will endeavor to showcase through photographs the distinguished members of XXXXX, and the XXXXX Founder’s Society, interacting and networking with one another in a casual non-intrusive way.

This will include of course families and friends celebrating the #### achievement, the cutting edge and collaborative nature of XXXXX education in helping improve patient care, and the overall experience of attendees at the XXXXX 2018 Annual Meeting.

=========================================

Something like that Dave, up to you mate.

Trev

• dbrunodbruno Member
    Thanks, Trev. Never looked at it that way, and will have another look - Dave
  • Bravo Trev. The only thing I can add to this conversation is to ......Always make it about them and what you can do for them and you will take over the world.  (I think you did a fantastic job here with that Trev) Run with that Dave! He didn't let you down:) 

-Jay 
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    Thanks Jay.

Dave: How did you go mate?

• dbrunodbruno Member
    Trev - RFP was released June 6th; submissions were due by July 6th, and I submitted it last Tuesday, June 19th. Decision is scheduled to be made July 28th. The conference is first week in October. It's a long shot for me - I'm in Massachusetts, the conference is in Texas, but I have a daughter who lives a couple of hours from there. My plan would be to stay with her a couple of days and visit, stay in a hotel during the convention, and the see her for another day after that. Travel expenses are not covered, but at least it would pay for my travel to see my daughter, and make a little spare change. I look at it as "an adventure" haha!

Dave
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    Good luck Dave, hope you get that trip to see your daughter at least.

Trev