your best digital work-flow tip / your best office work-flow tip
I’m once again on a mission to get more control of office work-flow, and to streamline my digital work-flow even further. In a post much earlier this year, I described my Mac awakening, and how a few key things changed my work-flow completely and made my life easier. De-cluttering my desk then made a big difference. Adding some pieces of technology in a more sensible way to my office too, made my life easier and allowed me to work faster. Well, I’m again changing a few things to improve my work-flow. (More about this later perhaps).
In a kind of parallel to this, there was the recent article on the extra items in your camera bag – with some ideas on organizing your camera bag by adding some non-photography essentials. There were some contributions by readers of the Tangents blog who came up with additional suggestions. Mention was also made there of the Shoot Kit – a neat collection of the smaller essentials, all neatly packed into an accessible canvas holder. It contains safety pins and a sewing kit and headache tablets and such. The kit, when rolled left-to-right is secured with a Velcro strip, but rolled right-to-left is easy and silent while opening. (Check the link to the shootkit for the exact details of what is included).
Tying this all together thematically with the idea of organizing your work / life / camera bag, there was a small contest, (now closed):
- post your best digital work-flow tip, and / or
- post your best office work-flow tip.
Even though the contest is closed, everyone is still invited to add their tips and ideas.
The prizes and the rules were:
There are two prizes up for grabs. Each will consist of:
- a Shoot Kit set.
- a copy of my book on off-camera flash when it is released in April 2011.
(you’ll just have to be patient for a few months until it becomes available.)
1. When entries close in a week’s time, the two people with the most helpful or innovate or insightful entry win. (Use Lightroom! doesn’t count as a winnable suggestion.)
2. So what would constitute the most helpful / innovative / insightful entry? Those that *I* decide are the best in some way. Indeed, I have the final & only say in this.
3. No whining will be allowed. This remains important.
4. The contest will be up for a week, and around lunchtime on Wed, 14th Dec, I will announce the winner.
If you find these articles interesting and of value, then you can help by using
these affiliate links to order equipment & other goodies. Thank you!
newsletter / forum / workshops & seminars
If you find these articles interesting and of value, then you can help by
using these affiliate links to order equipment & other goodies. Thank you!