model – Ulorin Vex
A favorite image from today’s workshop in San Francisco – an on-location portrait of our one model, Ulorin Vex.
The light from the softbox delivering a mere touch of fill-flash. Most of the light is from the available light coming down between the buildings on this street. I framed her against the background of those shafts of light on the side of the building, to give a slightly enigmatic backdrop.
other articles on Tangents, featuring Ulorin Vex
- change your position, change direction of light (Ulorin Vex in red)
- mimicking window light with flash (Ulorin Vex in lace & latex corset)
- directional light from off-camera bounce flash (Ulorin Vex, Monaco foyer)
- high-key studio lighting / portraits – with Ulorin Vex
- high-key studio lighting (part 2) – with Ulorin Vex
- review: Westcott 7? Parabolic Umbrella (model: Ulorin Vex)
- review: Litepanels Sola 4 LED Fresnel Light – (model: Ulorin Vex)
- video clip: photo session with Litepanels Sola 4 lights – w/ Ulorin Vex
- using a neutral density (ND) filter to control DoF with flash
- camera & flash settings: what do you want to achieve?
equipment used with this photo
Nikon D3; Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S II (B&H)
Nikon SB-910 Speedlight controlled by PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver & AC3 Controller
or alternately, the Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite controlled by Canon ST-E3 Transmitter
Lastolite EZYBOX Softbox Kit (24″x24″) (B&H)