personal tutoring sessions on photography
If you need more direct help or instruction on photography, I offer individual tutoring sessions. These sessions are personalized, one-on-one, with the intent that we cover topics where you need help or clarification.
There are different formats to the tutoring session:
- personal tutoring session, either at my studio or on location.
- tutoring session via Skype video calling
Personal tutoring session on photography
These sessions take place in my studio in Little Falls, NJ 07470.
Fees & structure of tutoring sessions:
- Each individual tutoring session lasts 4 hours. The fee for the session is $400.
- If the tutoring session is held away from my studio, there is an additional $100 fee.
- Any additional time past the 4 hour session, is $100 per hour.
- If you’d like to pair up with a friend, then it is an additional $50/hr.
The tutoring sessions are personalized sessions that are intended to help photographers where they might be struggling with specific aspects of flash photography. The tutoring sessions are based on the material that I present in the full-day workshops.
The goal of the tutoring session is to answer specific questions or provide answers to specific challenges that each photographer is facing. Photographers are also encouraged to bring in images (either on a disc or on a laptop) that might provide insight into their needs. Having this information will allow me to personalize the tutoring session to make the most of the time available.
Possible topics to cover include aspects of flash and digital photography, such as:
- camera and flash essentials
- exposure metering
- basic lighting
- lighting formals (for wedding photographers)
- outdoor lighting including fill flash and high speed sync
A certain level of fundamental technical knowledge is required for the sessions to be successful.
For example, a photographer should already know:
- the basic operation and controls of his or her camera,
- how to read the camera’s built in metering display,
- the basic relationship of aperture / shutter speed / ISO, and
- how to manually adjust those settings.
If you’re interested in signing up for a personal tutoring session,
email me or phone me at 862-485-7276, for more info.
Neil van Niekerk