Personal tutoring session on photography
If you need more direct help or instruction on photography, I offer individual photography tutoring sessions. The tutoring sessions are personalized sessions that are intended to help photographers where they might be struggling with specific aspects of flash photography. The photography tutoring sessions are based on the material that I present in the full-day workshops. These sessions take place in my studio in Little Falls, NJ 07470.
Fees & structure of tutoring sessions:
- Individual tutoring sessions are $100 per hour. They typically last 4 hours.
- If the tutoring session is held away from my studio, there is an additional $100 travel fee.
- If you’d like to pair up with a friend, then the fee is $150 p/h.
- A non-refundable retainer of $100 is required to secure the date.
The goal of the tutoring session is to answer specific questions or provide answers to specific challenges that each photographer is facing. Photographers are also encouraged to bring in images (either on a disc or on a laptop) that might provide insight into their needs. Having this information will allow me to personalize the tutoring session to make the most of the time available.
Possible topics to cover include aspects of flash and digital photography, such as:
- camera and flash essentials
- exposure metering
- basic lighting
- lighting formals (for wedding photographers)
- outdoor lighting including fill flash and high speed sync
A certain level of fundamental technical knowledge is required for the sessions to be successful.
For example, a photographer should already know:
- the basic operation and controls of his or her camera,
- how to read the camera’s built in metering display,
- the basic relationship of aperture / shutter speed / ISO, and
- how to manually adjust those settings.
If you’re interested in signing up for a personal tutoring session,
please email me or phone me at 862-485-7276, for more info.
Neil van Niekerk