Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Comments

• actually Zenon...it means more bad news for Nikon. Newbies might lean towards Canon because these are available and you know they will release these for Nikon system as well. This will lead to some lost sales for Nikon for future radio flashes...if they come out with them.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    travelintrevor said: This will lead to some lost sales for Nikon for future radio flashes...if they come out with them.
    Absolutely, if they don't hurry up and get their act together I most certainly would have a long hard think about them if they come out.

• Well, I think I'm out of luck. I'm a Nikon and Sony A77 shooter. I know they'll shortly come out with the Nikon version, but Sony, I won't hold my breath. But I'm sure they will be quite pricey. It's getting to the point where a Flash is more expensive then a camera......As long as they perform as advertised, I'm sure they'll be a lot of happy Canon shooters.
  • ZenonZenon Member
    edited October 2013
    Supposed to have off camera 2nd curtain sync in M mode. Something Canon did not add for some strange reason. I read it ranged from patent issues to they just forgot when they went to RT. Not even available in the old optical system but I understand Nikon has it. Canon has not responded to that question in the Canon forums. Add AF assist beam to the transmitter and yes there will be some happy Canon owners out there.

• Zenon,

Canon has 2nd curtain via optical. I sure hope they have this taken care off when they release the next series of radio flashes/triggers.
  • I did not know that. Never tried it off camera. I just read about it the Canon and Canon Rumour forums.
  • yes. You need to have the 580EX II to trigger the other flashes in 2nd C. I kept my 33 foot ETTL cord for this reason....this way I can place all my flashes were I want.
    You can buy one from Syl
    http://ocfgear.com/cords-for-canon-ettl/ettl-cord-extra-long/#ordering
  • That does make sense. I don't understand how they could have excluded that in the RT system. Sometimes when you get too big the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. How hard could it be to send an RT signal at the end of the shutter cycle? Light travels at a much faster speed than radio so perhaps they don't know how far the flashes would be. Wouldn't be hard to set it up so the flashes or flashes and the STE3 communicate so they know the distance or have the flashes fire a little sooner at the end of the cycle to insure they do before the second curtain closes.

Who knows. Like I said YN is offering it but in M mode only. Must be a speed of communication issue.