Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Help-Portrait charity event

edited December 2013 in home
This past weekend, I volunteered to shoot photos for Help Portrait, a charity event that was started a few years back. http://help-portrait.com/

I encourage all of you, especially Neil, to volunteer your talents and time next year at this event. It feels great to get out and meet people but it feels even better to help make those "in need' happy. You will only play a small role in a big event, but it is not supposed to be about you/us anyway.

Genuine smiles, high fives, hey-that's awesome, etc, was heard/seen through out the day.

Here are a few I took and some info.

This was the room that about 8 photographers shot in. It did not allow for perfection but no one cared. The left corner (tree) is where I was hanging out. Imagine an office cubicle....only smaller :)

hey, its me :)

John...my cubicle buddy for most of the day

Megan, braving the cold to help people sign up.

Sep...helping outside as well.

Jeff signing up a soon to be happy client.

Same happy client while viewing her photos.

Christiane, the event organizer ( little post processing to add to the "city" feel)

And a few random shots and some quick portraits I took.

imageimageimageimage
These two ended up in front of my tree but this worked much better. They loved it.

PeeWee...what a character.

Comments