Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

CF Card Recommendations for Nikon D700

dmcdtcdmcdtc Member
edited January 2014 in home
I finally pulled the trigger and purchased my first 'new' full-frame Nikon D700. Looking for opinions on what brand, size etc. of CF cards I should get and/or avoid.

Comments

• Good purchase! I have two and would only trade them for Neil's D4's lol... I have had great success with both Lexar and Sandisk. I seem to be interested in getting more Lexars. I have been using 8g 800x cards. If you have usb 3 they fly for downloads. They have a hub now that will let you insert several cards at once and the download to your desktop or laptop station.

Shooting raw I get 393 pics per card. Plenty for me as I prefer to change cards than to lose one with all the images on it. Total personal pref there though!

Let me/us know how the 700 works for you. It has really been instrumental in my development as a photographer. It really opens up things for you esp with good glass.
  • Another endorsement for Lexar Pro 800x.

Iain
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    A I had issues way back with Lexar when I shot w/ Canon, so I changed to SanDisk. (The issue was some mutual incompatibility between Lexar and the then-latest camera release, afaicr.) So now I only shoot w SanDisk. No issues.
  • I shoot with a D700 and I use both Lexar and Sandisk and I've never had any problems with either.
  • I use SanDisk CF cards primarily, and I have one Lexar CF cards. You bought a good camera, so you need dependable memory cards.
  • The eagle finally landed...got my D700 yesterday.

Bought one SanDisk 32gig 800X CF card.

I have 35mm, 50mm, 85mm all in 1.8. Also, 70-200mm 2.8. Really love the detail this camera captures and looking forward to maximizing my lenses capabilities.