Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Compact Travel Tripod

JerryJerry Member
edited April 2014 in the gear
Manfrotto MKBFRA4-BH Befree Tripod

Hello,
Does anyone have any view on the above tripod?
I'm after a light and as compact tripod as possible for a hiking trip to the Peak District.

I'd say that price wise it would have to be around the same price as above (£127) on Amazon. Sturdy enough to take a D800 with battery grip and reasonable lens weight.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Jerry

Comments

• JerryJerry Member
    Update: In the end I purchased the above travel tripod. I shall give my verdict on it after the trip in June...stay posted.
  • TonyTTonyT Member
    Jerry

I'm quite tempted by that one myself. Look forward to reading your verdict on it.

Cheers
    Tony
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    It's made by Manfrotto and looks really cute (for a tripod).
    I guess you can't go wrong with that combo.
  • As an alternative travel tripod, I use the Velbon Ultra Rexi L tripod. It packs up small and is very secure when in use. I use a Canon 5D MkII with battery pack, along with the 70 - 200mm F2.8 MkII lens. The tripod handles this really well, and has travelled all over Europe in airline hold luggage.

I love this tripod so much that it has demoted my Giotto Carbon tripod from the first choice, even though it cost twice as much.