Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Nikon D4 vs Canon 1DX

sathlersathler Member
edited May 2014 in home

Hi,

I have a Nikon D4 with various Nikons Lenses.This point in my life,even though I enjoy using all my Nikon lenses, I have been thinking in minimising the amount of gear I have. I love to take portraits shots of my wife and also want to keep the option open to take photos of sports and fast moving objects ( birds in flight) etc…

The lenses (All Nikon) I have are: 50mm 1.8G / 105mm macro 2.8D/ 85mm 1.4G/ 24-70mm 2.8 and a 70-200mm 2.8 VR ll.

I have been thinking more and more about switching to the Canon 1DX….
But I'm not familiar with the Canon Lenses…

I was wondering If anyone here has tried both of these cameras ( the NikonD4 and Canon 1DX) and give me some of your thoughts…

Would there be one Canon lens that I could use that would cover sports and portraits?

I've heard that the autofocus on the Canon 1DX is superior to the Nikon D4 and that Canon can track fast moving subjects better than the Nikon D4….is that true?

I've also heard many times that the Canon gives skin tones a better result…and I like that! I know people say you could active the same skin tones on the Nikon but only after processing in LightRoom,Photoshop and the like...

I'd prefer better skin tones (for portraits) in the camera…

Weather Seals on lenses is a must for me as I live in a very humid and dusty part of Australia.

Any help here would be very appreciated!

Thank you,

Sathler
Australia

Comments