Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

New Nikon D810 Launched

Comments

• Ha! Just after I buy the D800. My timing is always dead on. Sigh.
  • I have wanted a D800 for some time and this might be the one I get. I love landscape work and the DR and IQ of the D800 blows me away....but given the recent issues Nikon has had, I will wait for at least 6 months to make sure this sucker has no leaky shutter (oil on sensor), AF issues, greenish screen tint, etc.

Rudy
  • TrevTrev Moderator

Leaky shutter? Was there a problem somewhere Rudy.
  • Hey Trev...yes, the d600 had issues with oil leaking onto the sensor. Turned into a big fiasco for Nikon and now some reports of the same problem with the D610 are surfacing. I have been keeping my eye on issues since I really want a Nikon for my Landscape photos. If nothing negative is reported on the D810 within the first six months, I am buying one. I waited a little over six months to buy the 5d mk III to make sure the bugs were ironed out :)

I could also see myself buying the D610 but the jury is still out on that...

Rudy
  • TrevTrev Moderator

Thanks, I thought I missed something in D3s/D4/D4s bodies having problems and since I don't own one of the ones listed I shall breathe easier, not that I had any problems.

I too generally wait a while before committing to buying new bodies.