Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Profoto B1 can now do high-speed flash sync

Head over to the Profoto website to download the software upgrade. 
You have to do it for your controllers and the B1

I did a quick test here in my home, and it works. I was able to sync up to the maximum shutter speed on my Nikon D810 ... 1/8000

There is a color shift that happens - colors shift warmer. Not much of an issue for on-location stuff. We aren't doing product photography with high-speed sync. 

The actual light loss is about 2 - 2.3 stops of light, but effectively, you'd only see 1 - 1.3 stops of light. 

if you have correct exposure at 1/250 @ f/11  (and I do see the beginning of the edge of the one shutter curtain creeping in), 
then you will have correct exposure at 1/500 @ f/5 
So that's 2.3 stops of light difference just looking at the aperture, but since you'll be using this on location, the shutter speed makes a difference now ... and effectively you will just notice 1 - 1.3 stops of light loss from your flash. 

This really bumps this game-changing flash into a new league.