Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Rapid Box Duo vs Apollo Orb

Hi everyone!,

I am new to the site and want to thank Neil for all his hard work!  I have been looking at different softboxes for speedlites for sometime.  I keep coming back to the Rapid Boxes and the Apollo series.  I am trying to decide between the Rapid Box Duo, which will allow two speedlites on a bracket with two layers of diffusion and the Apollo Orb.  Does anyone  have any insight on the Rapid Box Duo?  I have read a lot of both positive and negative feedback on the Orb.  I read Neils review of the Rapid Box Octa which got me think about that line of softboxes again.  The Apollo series seems to have been a very popular product for Westcott.  Is anyone using the Profoto RFI series of softboxes with speedlites?

I am a Nikon user going back to the FM2.  I currently shoot with a D600 and have two SB700 speedlites.  I want to start producing head shots and portraits.  Specifically athletic portraits, corporate and actor headshots will be my focus.  I have been using both shoot through and reflective umbrellas and this will be my first softbox.  Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to offer.