Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Is any one using the Removu k1 to shoot video at weddings

MatrixphotoMatrixphoto Member
edited July 2018 in other systems
Hi Everyone
Is any one using the Removu k1 Gimbal Video Camera to shoot video at  a weddings  in addition to your stills.
What has  your experience been.

Lou Recine

Comments

• Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    edited July 2018
    I had to look it up:  https://removu.com/k1/

I see it sells for $400 on B&H

And it looks like it would compete directly with the DJI Osmo, which I have ... and so rarely use. I bought it to do BTS video.

I like the Osmo, but on a photo shoot or wedding, I am so busy with everything that I don't get to use it at all. 

For smooth video, I use the Ikan gimbal with a Fuji for smooth video. This gives me actual control over WB and exposure, which these other gimbals don't. So a proper camera on a small gimbal will give you much better video, if you want to integrate it with stills. 
  • MatrixphotoMatrixphoto Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Niel
    I was looking for some thing that I didn't have to set up , I just wanted to whip and out a shoot. The Gimbal is amazing and so steady,  its crazy.   Out door the camera is great , Inside is where it really starts to suffer even in moderate light the image quality is not the  greatest and the lens is so wide it  captures everything and you have to be  1-2Ft away from your subject ,  your inviting a lot of distortion so I won't do a brides close  ups with it . 

I hope they come out with a Pro version with bigger  Chip , Faster lens and maybe a 3x zoom , with Manual Controls . Dare to hope Manual Focus ( Fingers Crossed ) 

Even if it was Pro was slightly bigger but worked the same that would be amazing. I would pay big for that . 

Are you listening Removu ?

But when you use it for it intended use,  its a pretty amazing travel camera.

I know DJI is coming out with a pro version Gimbal , but it still needs a iPhone for the money there going to charge . I can't believe they can't stick a LCD screen on it,  Come On guys.

Lou Recine