Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Using light to reduce size of nose

SkipperlangeSkipperlange Member
edited January 2013 in news & discussions
Hi - I took some nice headshots of a young woman the other day. I was pleased with the (studio) lighting, nice ratio, decent (not textbook though) shadow on side of nose suggesting loop lighting I think. But then my husband said 'There's something going on with her nose.' Hmmm..... he was right. Not sure if she had a large nose or not but whatever I did with the lighting I must have exaggerated the size of her nose. So my question is, how do you use studio lighting to reduce the size of a nose. Or at least not to exaggerate it. Flat lighting? I've been trying to get away from flat lighting and put some better dimension and shape in my headshots. Thank you. I cannot post a photo. But I am wondering in general what technique is best to flatter large noses.

Comments