Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Use of Quantum Trios

amythntramythntr Member
edited March 2011 in flash & lighting
Just wondering if anyone regularly uses the Quantum Trio system...specifically I find that they have a steep learning curve, the Quantum website has poor tutorials which really so not explain specific set ups and calling their company number is not to helful either...

Has anybody come across any great tutorials?....If so I would appreciate the link or any help for that matter.....Anthony

Comments

• Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    Anthony ... sorry, I only have the T2 and T5D-R Quantums. So I can't help you with this one.
  • Hi Neil...at first I was not going to respond back....but then I said WTH....shouldn't the settings on the back of your Quantums the same as the Trio's? in any event I know that you shot an Indian wedding with your Quantums...might you provide the settings that you used on both your on camera and off camera Quantums....it sure would be better than what the Quantum website offers.....Anthony
  • Anthony - David Ziser has a lot of lighting tutorials on using a Quantum flash.
    http://digitalprotalk.blogspot.com/
  • bobh665....I am a regular follower of David Ziser and have never actually seen a tutotial on his website or blog...If you have the direct link I would greatly appreciate it.....Anthony
  • bobh665bobh665 Member
    edited March 2011
    Anthony - there are many on his blog. Every day he blogs he puts up a new image and how he shot it. Heres a link to some of his video tutorials.

http://vimeo.com/user468120/videos/sort:date
  • bobh665...thanks for you help here....I know that David has many tutorials...I have watched many of them on Vimeo....I am looking for a specific "how to use" tutorial on the Quantum Trios or prior....to tell me he blogs every day and has many tutotials is information which I already know and use...again I have never seen the specific tutorial that I am searching for...thanks again...Anthony
  • GrahamGraham Member
    edited March 2011
    As far as I know David Ziser doesn't use the trio, he uses the T5D-R, and it is always used off camera and usually with a shoot through umbrella. He uses it in manual mode and triggers it using Quantum's freewire radios.

As far as I know the T5D-R is a 150 watt second flash while the Trio is 80 watt seconds, so the settings from a T5D-R wont give you the same results.

But that wouldn't stop me reading everything you can by him for off camera lighting using small flash.
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    amythntr said: Hi Neil...at first I was not going to respond back....but then I said WTH....shouldn't the settings on the back of your Quantums the same as the Trio's? in any event I know that you shot an Indian wedding with your Quantums...might you provide the settings that you used on both your on camera and off camera Quantums....it sure would be better than what the Quantum website offers.....Anthony
    That Indian wedding was shot with the T2 Quantums, all set to manual mode.
    Not much help in deciphering the use of the Trio.