NJ Photography studio rental – New Jersey / NJ
This large photography studio space, located in Fairfield, NJ, is available for hourly and daily rental. The studio is 1,700 square feet and has an extensive Profoto studio flash system, as well as Litepanels continuous lighting gear – all included in the studio rental fee. The image above only shows a partial selection of the studio equipment. All this extends the possibilities that you can achieve in the studio, varying the look of your photographs.
I will be on hand to help you on the day of your shoot with initial setting up of gear, and to show you around. If I am not available, my assistant will be able to help you.
Please get in touch with me if you’re interested in using the studio space – I’ll gladly show you around.
And if you are new to working in a studio, here are my tips for your first time in the studio.
(text or call)
333 Passaic Ave
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Studio rental fees:
Hourly rates: $60 per hour
• CLICK HERE to pay the studio reservation fee : $120
(ie: for studio time up to 2 hours)
• additional time is paid for at the end of the studio session.
For contiguous days (of 6+ hours per day), the fee is discounted to $50 p/h.
Check on the Studio Calendar to see if the date is available.
Then confirm the date with me before paying the reservation fee.
This fee will count towards your final amount payable on the date.
- The studio is large, with a total floor area of 1,700 square feet.
- The studio has an incredible array of studio flashes and light modifiers.
- There are two wind-machines if you want that wind-swept look for your subjects.
- In addition to the paper backdrops, there are also canvases and muslin backdrops.
- A large lighted make-up table is available for hair and make-up artists to use.
- Private dressing room and restroom.
- Free parking right in front of the studio!
- Ground floor access. No stairs! No steps! Wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- The studio has a lounge area with two comfortable couches, and a big work table.
- The air-conditioning keeps the studio at a nice even temperature whether summer or winter.
- The studio has a Bose Soundlink and a dedicated iPad with Spotify and Pandora for music.
- There is a fridge stocked with water, and there is a Keurig coffee maker.
- There is also a microwave if food needs to be heated up.
- There is a hand-held steamer for clothes.
- The studio has fast WiFi. (Verizon FIOS)
The studio lighting gear available to you
As the author of 5 books on flash photography, and as a Profoto Legend of Light — I made sure the studio has an exceptional range of lighting gear. The studio lighting gear is included with the rental fee of the studio:
- (5x) Profoto D1 studio flashes (500 Ws)
- (1x) Profoto D2 studio flash (500 Ws)
for subjects that need a short flash duration.
- all 6 lights are on light-stands with caster wheels.
- large Profoto 5′ octabox (on a boom arm)
- medium Profoto 3′ octabox (on a boom arm)
- (2x) Profoto 2’x3′ softboxes
- (2x) Profoto 3’x4′ softboxes
- (2x) gridded Profoto 1’x4′ stripboxes
- (1x) gridded Profoto 1’x6′ stripbox
- Profoto beauty dish (with grid or sock, if needed)
- (4x) Profoto reflectors (with 10 degree grids, if needed)
- (3x) Profoto Air wireless remote controllers
- Profoto OCF snoot
- Westcott Eyelighter reflector
- Westcott 7′ Parabolic umbrella
- Westcott Optical Spot
- Aputure Fresnel 2X Attachment
- large white scrim (as reflector or diffuser panel)
- various handheld collapsible reflectors
- (5x) Litepanels Astra 1×1 LED panels
– continuous lighting; 3,200-5,600 K
- (2x) Litepanels Sola 4″ LED fresnel lights
– continuous, focusable; Daylight WB
- large Manfrotto product photography table
- (2x) wind machines
Things to know
- Refund policy: In paying this studio reservation fee, the time is blocked out exclusively for you. This means that I can’t book the studio out to other photographers for the same period. Hence, this fee is not refundable.
- Setup and wrap time count as studio time, and will be billed accordingly.
- Additional time is per half hour, at $30 per half hour, even if you don’t use the full 30 minutes.
- Additional fees for the use of glitter: $50 if you clean it up, or $100 if I clean it up.
- All lighting gear and backgrounds are included in the rental fee. Just bring your camera and lenses. If you shoot tethered, bring your laptop.
- There are additional studio gear that can be rented: microphones & audio recorder; teleprompter; green screen setup.
- Do not remove any of the lights from the boom arms!
- Please do not change out the light modifiers that are mounted on the boom arms!
The one exception is the 3-ft gridded octabox which can be swapped out for the beauty dish.
- Please do not remove the grids from the reflectors or the stripboxes. There are enough other light modifiers without grids.
- If you are new to working in a studio, here are my tips for your first time in the studio.
- Either myself or an assistant will be present at all times, and can help with with the basic setting up of lighting gear and the use of the studio space. (I’ll be quietly working on my computer, unless you need help.)
- You’ll agree to leave the studio and adjacent grounds in the same condition as they were when you arrived.
- All the equipment is in good working order, but I make no special guarantee about the equipment’s functionality for your intended purposes.
- Damages to equipment and premises are your responsibility and must be settled after rental period, at market value.
- Use of the studio and equipment is at your own risk. By hiring the studio and equipment, you waive any rights to seek legal redress for mishaps, accidents, and/or loss related to their actions whilst on the premises. Neither myself, (dba One Perfect Moment), nor the studio will be held responsible for any accident or injury caused by you or any member of your party whilst using the studio facilities.
Additional photo gear for rent
Chroma key green screen for video
This chroma key green screen set up is primarily intended for video shoots. It offers a 13-ft wide chroma key green background which makes it much easier for you to drop in a suitable background into your video.
This green screen setup is available as an add-on to your studio rental, for an additional fee for use during the entire shoot:
$50 for photography lighting; $100 for video lighting
The lighting for the green screen is with four sets of KinoFlo daylight balanced fluorescent lights. They give very even lighting across the setting.
- More details about the chroma key green screen option.
NJ studio rental : teleprompter for video
The teleprompter is very useful when recording Youtube clips or promotional pieces. This teleprompter works with an iPad and is mounted on a rolling tripod. You will need your iPhone to control it. You will also need to mount your video capable camera with a 24-70mm lens on the teleprompter to record your subject talking to the camera.
This item is available as an add-on at $50 for the entire studio rental period.
Audio / Podcast package
This audio package is available as add-on at $50 for the entire studio rental period, and includes any of these items:
- Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro ISO video switcher
- Sennheiser AVX lavalier microphones
- Rode NTG4+ shotgun mic
- Zoom H6 sound recorder
Do you need a photographer?
If you’re looking for someone to photograph fashion catalog, or if you need headshots or portraits, or product photography, please contact me.
The studio also has a comfortable living-room type area with two couches. There is also a work table as you can see against the wall in the back. This makes for a nice workspace for any team that visits the studio.
The large lighted make-up table for the hair and make-up artist to use. There is an another high table for work or meals, or however you need. There are also hand-held and wall-mounted mirrors.
This is only part of the wide range of light modifiers available to you for creative use.
There is a large lighted mirror make-up table for make-up artists and hairdressers. And in case you need, there is a hair dryer and hair curlers as well. Just in case.
The private dressing room is comfortably large. It also has two smaller cubicles for when there is a larger production in the studio with more than one person needing to change clothes.
There is a large white product photography table available for any products you need to photograph on a clean white background, such as Amazon items or pack shots.
There are gels for the studio flashes to add an interesting atmosphere to promotional or editorial photos.
The studio has canvas backgrounds, and also a variety of more plain backgrounds that can be used for effect.
There is even a small trampoline if you need more bounce in your studio portraits.
The studio has a huge variety of lighting gear for any kind of look you want to achieve – for example classic clamshell lighting.
website navigation: Photo Studio NJ
- Photography studio NJ / New Jersey
- NJ photography studio rental
- Chroma-key green screen
- Studio Calendar
- Kind words / Testimonials
- Studio Directions
- Contact info