NJ Photography studio rental – New Jersey / NJ
This large photography studio space, located in Fairfield, NJ, is available for hourly and daily rental. The studio is 1,700 square feet and has an extensive Profoto studio flash system, as well as Litepanels continuous lighting gear – all included in the studio rental fee. The image above only shows a partial selection of the studio equipment. All this extends the possibilities that you can achieve in the studio, varying the look of your photographs.
I will be on hand to help you on the day of your shoot with initial setting up of gear, and to show you around. If I am not available, my assistant will be able to help you.
Please get in touch with me if you’re interested in using the studio space – I’ll gladly show you around.
And if you are new to working in a studio, here are my tips for your first time in the studio.
(text or call)
333 Passaic Ave
Fairfield, NJ 07004
Studio rental fees
Studio Rental Fees
∆ Studio rental fees
Hourly rates: $60 per hour
• minimum studio reservation fee : $120
(ie: for studio time up to 2 hours)
• additional time is paid for at the end of the studio session.
For contiguous days (of 6+ hours per day), the 1st day is at the listed fee.
The second and further contiguous days are then discounted by 33% of the fee.
12-hour pack for $600 ($50 per hour)
The 12-hour pack doesn’t have an expiration date,
but has to be used in chunks of 2+ hours at a time. That’s the minimum.
Past the 2-hour initial segment, you can use 1/2 hour segments.
How to book the studio
How to book the studio for your shoot
∆ How to book studio time
Check on the Studio Calendar to see if the date is available.
Then confirm the date with me before paying the reservation fee.
This fee will count towards your final fee payable on the date.
- $120 non-refundable studio reservation fee (via Paypal)
to secure 2 hours of studio time.
∆ Please note:
- Refund policy: In paying this studio reservation fee, the time is blocked out exclusively for you. This means that I can’t book the studio out to other photographers for the same period. Hence, this fee is not refundable.
- Setup and wrap time count as studio time, and will be billed accordingly.
- Additional time is per half hour, at $30 per half hour, even if you don’t use the full 30 minutes.
- Additional fees for the use of glitter & confetti: $50 if you clean it up, or $100 if I clean it up.
- All lighting gear and backgrounds are included in the rental fee. Just bring your camera and lenses. If you shoot tethered, bring your laptop.
- There are additional studio gear that can be rented: professional 24-70mm f/2.8 zooms; microphones & audio recorder; teleprompter; green screen setup.
What the studio space offers
- The studio is huge, with a total floor area of 1,700 square feet.
- Free parking right in front of the studio!
- Ground floor access. No stairs! No steps! Wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- A large lighted make-up table is available for hair and make-up artists to use.
- Private dressing room and restroom.
- The studio has fast WiFi. (Verizon FIOS)
- The studio has a Bose Soundlink and a dedicated iPad with Spotify and Pandora for music.
- There is a fridge stocked with water, and there is a Keurig coffee maker.
- The studio has a lounge area with two comfortable couches.
- The air-conditioning keeps the studio at a nice even temperature whether summer or winter.
- There are two wind-machines if you want that wind-swept look for your subjects.
- There is a hand-held steamer for clothes.
- The studio has an incredible array of studio flashes and light modifiers.
- In addition to the paper backdrops, there are also canvases and muslin backdrops.
- There are two windows with lots of available light.
The studio lighting gear available to you
Studio lighting gear (included in the rental fee)
As the author of 5 books on flash photography, and as a Profoto Legend of Light — I made sure the studio has an exceptional range of lighting gear. The lighting gear is included with the rental fee of the studio, but there are additional photo gear which can be rented to help you with your project: lenses, microphones, and a teleprompter.
- (6x) Profoto D1 studio flashes (500 Ws)
– 3 of the lights are set up on boom arms for better positioning.
– all 6 lights are on light-stands with caster wheels.
- large Profoto 5′ octabox
- Profoto 3′ octabox, with a grid
- (2x) Profoto gridded 1’x3′ stripbox
- (2x) Profoto gridded 1’x4′ stripbox
- Profoto gridded 1’x6′ stripbox
- (2x) Profoto 2’x3′ softbox
- (2x) Profoto 3’x4′ softbox
- Profoto beauty dish (with grid or sock, if needed)
- (4x) Profoto reflectors (with 10 degree grids, if needed)
- (3x) Profoto Air wireless remote controllers
- Profoto OCF snoot
- Westcott Asymmetrical Strip Bank: 18″ x 42″
- Westcott Eyelighter reflector
- Westcott 7′ Parabolic umbrella
- various handheld collapsible reflectors
- two large white V-flats
- (4x) Litepanels Astra 1×1 LED panels
– continuous lighting; 3,200-5,600 K
- (2x) Litepanels Sola 4″ LED fresnel lights
– continuous, focusable; Daylight WB
- large Manfrotto product photography table
- (2x) wind machines
Additional photo gear for rent
These full-frame zoom lenses are available as an add-on if you need a professional lens for your photo shoot, at $50 per lens for the entire studio rental period.
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens
(with the EF-EOS R adapter if you need to adapt the lens to your mirrorless Canon camera)
- Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8E VR lens
(with the FTZ adapter if you need to adapt the lens to your mirrorless Nikon camera).
- Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 GM lens
NJ studio rental : teleprompter for video
The teleprompter is very useful when recording Youtube clips or promotional pieces. This teleprompter works with an iPad and is mounted on a rolling tripod. You will need your iPhone to control it. You will also need to mount your video capable camera with a 24-70mm lens on the teleprompter to record your subject talking to the camera.
This item is available as an add-on at $50 for the entire studio rental period.
Chroma key green screen for video
NJ studio rental : chroma key green screen for video
This chroma key green screen set up is primarily intended for video shoots. It offers a 13-ft wide chroma key green background which makes it much easier for you to drop in a suitable background into your video. This green screen setup is available as an add-on to your studio rental, for an additional $50 for use during the entire shoot.
- More details about the chroma key green screen option.
Microphones & audio recorder
This audio package is available as add-on at $50 for the entire studio rental period, and includes any of these items:
- Sennheiser AVX lavalier microphones
- Rode NTG4+ shotgun mic
- Zoom H6 sound recorder
- Do not remove any of the lights from the boom arms!
- Please do not change out the light modifiers on the boom arms, with the one exception of the 3-ft gridded octabox which can be swapped out for the beauty dish.
- Please do not remove the grids from the reflectors or the stripboxes. There are enough other light modifiers without grids.
- If you are new to working in a studio, here are my tips for your first time in the studio.
- Either myself or an assistant will be present at all times, and can help with with the basic setting up of lighting gear and the use of the studio space. (I’ll be quietly working on my computer, unless you need help.)
- You’ll agree to leave the studio and adjacent grounds in the same condition as they were when you arrived.
- The equipment is in good working order, but I make no special guarantee as to the equipment’s functionality or suitability to your intended purposes.
- Damages to equipment and premises are your responsibility and must be settled after rental period, at market value.
- Use of the studio and equipment is at your own risk. By hiring the studio and equipment, you waive any rights to seek legal redress for mishaps, accidents, and/or loss related to their actions whilst on the premises. Neither myself, (dba One Perfect Moment), nor the studio will be held responsible for any accident or injury caused by you or any member of your party whilst using the studio facilities.
Safety & COVID-19
- The health and safety of my clients are of utmost importance.
- There are cleaning protocols that I maintain before and after every time the studio is in use.
- Everyone except the person(s) being photographed, will be required to wear a face mask.
- If you don’t have a face mask, I can supply you with a fresh N95 face mask. Yours to keep obviously.
- There are Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer in the studio.
- The UltraHEPA air filtration unit in the studio is capable of purifying the air once per hour.
- The number of people in the studio will be limited to 10 people only, including myself.
- It is expected that we honor social distancing as much as possible.
- I will set up all the lighting gear for you, and in that way we minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
Do you need a photographer?
If you’re looking for someone to photograph fashion catalog, or if you need headshots or portraits, or product photography, please contact me.
The studio also has a comfortable living-room type area with two couches. There is also a work table as you can see against the wall in the back. This makes for a nice workspace for any team that visits the studio.
The large lighted make-up table for the hair and make-up artist to use. There is an another high table for work or meals, or however you need. There are also hand-held and wall-mounted mirrors.
This is only part of the wide range of light modifiers available to you for creative use.
There is a large lighted mirror make-up table for make-up artists and hairdressers. And in case you need, there is a hair dryer and hair curlers as well. Just in case.
The private dressing room is comfortably large. It also has two smaller cubicles for when there is a larger production in the studio with more than one person needing to change clothes.
There is a large white product photography table available for any products you need to photograph on a clean white background, such as Amazon items or pack shots.
There are gels for the studio flashes to add an interesting atmosphere to promotional or editorial photos.
The studio has canvas backgrounds, and also a variety of more plain backgrounds that can be used for effect.
There are two fans / wind-machines available for that wind-swept look.
The studio has a huge variety of lighting gear for any kind of look you want to achieve – for example classic clamshell lighting.