Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Keeping Photoshop's Camera RAW Up To Date

TrevTrev Moderator
edited February 2014 in news & discussions
Adobe usually has a very convoluted structure in getting direct download links I have found, especially in Camera RAW updates. You never seem to know what it actually is in version #

I stumbled across this blog for Adobe where you can update the latest RAW plug-in via direct download.

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP UPDATES

This is for the section: What if the computer that Photoshop is on is not connected to the internet?
The updates to Camera RAW for CS6 and CC are there for both Win/Mac Platforms.

Note: The download will start automatically and immediately, so you will want to know where your downloads go to, there is no option of 'Save/Open' the file Palette it just downloads.

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator
    edited February 2014

Once downloaded, right click, Extract Files...., you get a folder with 2 folders in there, plus an 'AdobePatchInstaller.exe' file.

Double click to install, it will give you a window of what it's updating, and if security set up with User Account just say 'Yes' to install and you should have the new Camera RAW Plug-In.

Verify by opening Photoshop, Menu/Help/About Plug-In/Camera RAW and the Version window will open.
    To close it, just click on it.

• Great info!! And so timely. I just did this update on my new computer tonight. Perfect!! Worked as lined out and I now have the latest Camera RAW!! Look out! New computer and up to date software. Wooo!