Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Web slideshow bad quality

SkipperlangeSkipperlange Member
edited March 2014 in general photography
I wanted to make a slideshow of high school seniors to market my need for senior portrait models from the upcoming senior class. I went with Pro Show Web because it was cheap and compatible with Mac computers. I made a show and it looks great on my computer. But I put it on Facebook and it looks terrible. I'm wondering what I can do to make the quality on FB better and, ideally, the same as the quality I see on my computer. I had had the photo sizes about 1800 pixels on long side and then, after seeing bad quality, reduced to 950 on long side (the FB optimal size so I'm told). I think the quality is slightly better but still unacceptable. Thanks!

PS: I'd go with Animoto except that the only purchase level there where you don't have the Animoto logo on your shows is $500 a year and I don't need or want that.

I tried iMovie but iMovie and I don't seem to get along. Can't figure it out.

Comments