Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

MLB images

amedinaamedina Member
edited August 2014 in general photography
As a fan of baseball, I often visit the website of MLB and the truth is always amazed me pictures that are published for each of the games. Can anyone tell me the type of camera and lenses that photographers use to capture these images so amazing?
Apparently the photos are published without much post-processing, since not think there's much time for that, since they are published once the game ends.

Comments

• For baseball, the 300mm f/2.8 and 400mm f/2.8 would be commonly used, along with a 70-200 f/2.8 for wider shots. Others too, of course, depending on what's needed. They would be using multiple pro bodies (eg. pick the most expensive Canon or Nikon which has high frame rates, and that's what they have several of :).

Wide apertures and very high shutter speeds are typical. Having lots of experience of who to shoot and when, and anticipating the action is part of the magic.
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    Do you know the Sportshooters website and forum? They would have tons of info for you.
  • amedinaamedina Member
    edited August 2014
    Sports shooters. It is a site for sports photographers with a wide and interesting content.