Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Client meeting

vaenkavaenka Member
edited August 2014 in home
While i was showing my portfolio to a client , the groom damaged one of my 8 x 10 fine art prints. It was purely an accident but what if one of our sample albums were damaged.
Any feedback on what anyone would do in such a situation.

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator

That is the risk you face, I have had a couple of prints damaged, and they offered to pay for it, but I consider that the cost of doing business.

If they damaged a top album and it needed repairs or re-doing again, you would have to see if they offered and maybe accept a partial payment, but generally I would consider it a risk and have to grin and bear it.

If they walk away feeling under no pressure of having to pay, then they are likely to do business with you again, or, at the least I am sure they would tell friends how 'generous' you were to them and good word of mouth is better than some bills from a wallet.

• Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    Yup. Nothing more you can do but suck it up.

I used to take some sample albums to show at workshops and conventions, but they just took damage ... a scuff mark here, a pen mark there ... and they quickly don't look like the durable heirloom you're trying to push.

Btw, this also means you have to control how / when they have coffee or sodas or wine or snacks, at your consultation. I only have bottles of water from the fridge if they want.