Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

What do you photograph for fun?

I've got a week off work for the holidays, which means my photography hobby is invading the lives of my family members.  Below are a couple of images I had fun shooting during my time off.  Would love to see others' "for fun" images -- so please add to this post!!

The first image is of my favorite baseball.  I like the grunge and discoloration.  But this week my son put it out of commission.  Thought it deserved a photo before being retired.  Speedlite on the left and a white piece of paper as reflector on the right.  The second image is what happens when you put a blue glow stick (those small, glow-in-the-dark rods often used for camping and Halloween) inside a cello.  It barely fit through the f-holes and it took some doing to afterwards remove the stick!  Gridded soft box on the right, black reflector on the left, and a long exposure to capture the blue color.

Many thanks to Neil's blog & books and forum members for teaching me how to work with natural and artificial light.  Happy holidays!

Justin