Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Nikon D5 - DXO Mark Results (surprise surprise)

PDH7981PDH7981 Member
Check out DXOMarks test results with the Nikon D5. I'm amazed that the D5 came in with an "Overall Score" so low after all the hype.  Not including any other camera manufacturer... just Nikon, the following Nikon camera's had an overall score higher than the D5: 

D810, D800E, D800, D600, D610, D750, Df, D4 and D4s.   

I'm sure there's a lot more to read into these numbers than what I'm able to understand, but I would still have expected this body to have performed with better results than what DXOMark found in their testing. In fairness, I've not read the whole report yet, only the summary here:  

Comments

• Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    I think what we are seeing here is the plateau-ing of digital imaging, with the D4 / D4s, Df and D5 appearing neck-and-neck in these ratings. 

What does surprise me is that the D600 rates higher? 

I'm not sure how they rate it on that scale - I think the D4s will beat the D810 when it comes to high-ISO performance.