Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

PDF into Lightroom?

Hi - I am making a photo album for my recently-married daughter and her husband, containing the wedding photos I took of the whole weekend in Seattle where they were married. I want to include the invitation. This morning, I blindly scanned it, creating a PDF, and incorrectly assumed I could suck it into LR. Not.

Anyone have a way to do this? I want to make a jpeg, and use it on an album page.

Thanks for any help you can offer - Dave

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Dave,

If you have Photoshop, you can open a PDF file in there, then save as jpeg.

When you scanned it, did you not have the choice of saving as jpeg first up, surely?

• Hi, Trev - I will try that tomorrow. Not sure if the scanner at work has the option jpeg. Also, I don't have PS.
  • Hi, Trev - did it with an on-line freebie program. But, I will check out our scanner for a JPG option.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    You should have, unless it's an old one, all scanners these days it's almost automatic to save as jpeg or PDF.

If you have an all-in-one  Printer/Scanner/Copier machine you most certainly will have that option.