Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Is it ok to bring an inspiration book to weddings to show bride and grooms poses etc.a

MatrixphotoMatrixphoto Member
edited February 17 in technique & style & stuff
Hi Everyone 
Just wondering is it ok to bring an inspiration book or  flip cards,  to weddings to show bride and grooms.
So I can get more variety to my shots.

Lou Recine 

Comments

• Hi Lou,

I once had a posing guide on my phone! It was pretty neat. I never showed the couple, but I would glance at it for inspiration (really to remember what I was doing) LOL. It worked like a charm and by looking at it, I was able to add variety very quickly. 

-Jay
  • Thanks great idea, what did you use you create it??

Lou Recine 
  • If I remember correctly, it was a pdf guide. I didn't make it. I had downloaded it, but I assume you could make one too.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    edited February 17
    Lou,

Here is a PDF guide, 100 Techniques for Professional Wedding Photographers (published 2009) that I have, and although it's not quite the question specific you posed, I think you could benefit from it still with lots of information (120+ pages) with different poses, techniques, even instructions on how to edit some photos along with your gear, checklists, etc. etc., extremely comprehensive, from some of the best photographers in the world.

pdf
    pdf
    100 Techniques for Professional Wedding Photographers.pdf
    7M
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    I wouldn't show the couple. You need to retain that air that you are in control.