- shutter speed, aperture and ISO – choosing our basic camera settings
- camera & flash settings: what do you want to achieve? (model: Ulorin Vex)
- using faster shutter speeds for sharper photos
- using slow shutter speeds with a hand-held camera
- working with higher ISO settings
- how much depth-of-field? just enough w/ Priscilla
- white balance – my approach
- which white balance setting should I use?
- Hyper-Manual mode for Nikon & Canon
- photography basics – the things you need to know!
- general advice on choosing camera settings
- depth-of-field … f2.8 vs the rest
exposure metering techniques
- exposure metering techniques
- metering modes
- exposure compensation
- using the histogram to determine exposure
- exposure metering for the bride & the bride’s dress
- using manual exposure mode
- exposure metering and adding flash
- which exposure metering mode? – evaluative / center-weighted / spot-metering
- not exposing for the background?
- Zones of Light – the Zone System approach by Arnold Gallardo
- photo-session with Sundae – white on white – photographing in the snow
- exposure metering – shifting exposure settings (model: Anelisa)
- exposure metering – expose for your subject (model: Anelisa)
- exposure metering & observing the available light (model – Aleona)
- exposure metering – let your background blow out! (bride – Randa)
- how do you meter for TTL flash & ambient light (wedding, kids)
- exposure metering for a backlit subject (model: Olena)
other gear related posts
- Canon and Nikon
- what photo gear had a fundamental impact on your photography?
- wedding photography – when style, technique & choice of gear converge
- photography: how good do your lenses need to be? (model – Olena)
- equipment as inspiration
- the best camera in the world
- mix ‘n-matching lenses of different makes
- lens hoods – your best protection
- unsharp images – so what went wrong this time?
- attaching the Nikon neck strap vertically
- Mac-centricity – my experience of changing over to Mac
- the iPad – not a review
- filters on your lenses?
- should you use a filter? yes perhaps, but maybe not
- Sandisk CF cards might be fire-resistant, but the Canon 7D not - by Petra Hall
- what else is in your camera bag?
- Nikon D3 camera settings
- Nikon D700 camera settings
- Nikon D300 custom settings
- Nikon D80 custom settings
- Nikon D200 custom settings
- Nikon D2x custom settings
- Nikon D70 custom settings
- Nikon D2H custom settings
- Nikon D100 custom settings
newsletter / forum / workshops & seminars