Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator
    edited September 2013

Hi Vaenka, thanks for the link.

With Canon and now Phottix, wonder how long Nikon can hold out. Although it won't be the end of wireless triggers for high power flashes like Quantum, Cheetah, Profoto, etc. it would result in less expense/equipment for hotshoe style flashes.

I may have to have a bo-peep at this one when the Nikon version comes out. Canon's 600 EX RT version is a winner that's for sure.

I have dealt with Phottix now on 4-5 occasions and it does take a little time for shipping, but the shipping price itself is great, $10 to Australia. Softbox, umbrella holders, accessories.
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    Yup, Nikon had better step up here. I really like the Canon 600EX-RT and wish for the day that I can go without adding clumsy wireless triggers to the Nikon system.
  • I'm also hoping Nikon will take notice and introduce a flash unit with wireless trigger capabilities to compete with the Canon 600EX-RT. I skipped the Nikon SB-910 after Canon introduced the 600EX-RT, because I expected Nikon to offer something similar. Because Nikon still hasn't announced anything, I think Nikon is not reading the market well at all.
  • TrevTrev Moderator
    Stephen said: I skipped the Nikon SB-910 after Canon introduced the 600EX-RT, because I expected Nikon to offer something similar. Because Nikon still hasn't announced anything, I think Nikon is not reading the market well at all.
    Same here, still waiting.

• Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    Whenever someone asks me what wireless triggers they should get for their Nikon flashes, I tell them to hold on for a while, because Nikon will surely bring out something like the 600EX soon ... real soon. And I just hope I'm not embarrassing myself with that advice.
  • It was costly but after getting rid of 3rd party triggers, cables and the need for extra batteries I have not looked back since acquiring my 600's.