Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

No high ISO noise in flash photography ??

I have often wondered why my high ISO pictures shot with flash do not show as much (or rather indiscernible) noise when compared to natural light photography. I understand that increasing ISO for flash will have an overall effect on the exposure (ambient light too), however, the subject (usually people) photograph very well. And, now I like to shoot (in fact, not afraid of shooting) pictures using flash, high ISO and slow shutter (this example of the piano player convinced me to try slower shutter speeds http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/bounce-flash-examples/#more-65 ). Is it due to flash duration? I understand that flash duration takes care of camera shake at slower shutter speeds, does it make high ISO noise indiscernible too as the exposure is "correct" on the subject? 
I shoot Fuji X-E1 with 55-200mm lens at f/4, 1/30~1/60, ISO 640~1600, flash is usually manual at 1/16~1/4 and bounced off a wall/ceiling. If required, I increase ISO instead of flash power, as I find the effect more pleasing to my eye, when compared to higher flash power which sometimes makes the picture more contrasty.