Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

My first wedding with Neil-what a disaster :)

Sometime last night, I apparently shot my first wedding with Neil. It was a disaster. Here is what happened: 

The procession was about to start and we were both in place with cameras ready. Procession went fine and the bride arrived at the altar. I remember firing off a test shot since the lighting had changed (there were bright lights above the bride) and while chimping, the rear dial fell off the camera. I started to panic and ran to my get my back-up camera but for some reason I tried to fix the camera instead. I then ran back and tried to shoot with the broken rear dial since it really does not play a major role except for changing f stop values (end sarcasm). After firing off the first shot, the AF system failed completely. Off I went to fetch my back-up camera but wasted so much time that I returned after the 2nd procession. I missed every shot possible. 

Neil was standing near by with his camera on a monopod (had no idea he uses them) and I asked, in German (don't know why), if he was recording the wedding or if he took pictures. While whistling and shaking his leg, he said...something. I will never know because my alarm went off at 6:45. 

Did Neil get the shots while I was off making bad decisions? I have no idea but maybe he will let us know. 

My first wedding for the year is Saturday and I can't help but wonder if Neil will be in Cincinnati this weekend. 

Neil, I will need your RAW files ASAP. The bride called and is waiting for her dream photos :)

Too funny!

Rudy

Comments

• TrevTrev Moderator

I take it that it was a dream!!!

When I first read it I was like WTF??? lol....

Yep, too funny.
  • I take it that it was a dream!!!

Absolutely...the leg shaking and whistling part was so vivid that I started to laugh while telling my wife
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    You forgot one of the rules: *I* will decide what is funny and what isn't. 
  • Photography is your life and blood, Rudy. In my short experience using a camera in full manual, I only had one dream so far, that I fumbled with camera settings trying to get a shot. People only dreams of stuffs that they have strong emotions with. I guess what I'm trying to say is that photography is really wonderful.

Now I am always looking for open events on weekends in facebook that I can get into and take pictures. Looking forward to my first milky way shot tomorrow night. I wonder how it will turn out.
  • Omg, it's like all the dreams we have of walking into class for a final exam after skipping the class all semester! I wonder what Freud would make of Neil being there... something like the teacher looming in background.
  • Well...I know Neil's voice relatively well and he does have a calm way about him so I am sure that my subconscious added him to counter my panic......and nothing broke during the wedding this past Saturday! Even walked away with my first indoor wedding OCF work (bride-groom photos)