Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Mini session with daughter

My girls always love having a little mini session when they arrive home for break. The sun was going down fast and I found it was quicker for me to grab the reflector and start shooting. I had her hold the reflector at the beginning ( but I  did not like the angle of her arms) and then I attached it to a metal dive spear I stuck into the ground and had her use her foot to aim the golden light in the right direction.
One image was taken with a Nikon D4 70-200 @ 1000 ISO and one was taken with Sony A7ii with the old Carl Zeiss 85 1.4 @ 200 ISO......I'll let you decide which one ( without looking at the EXIF :)

(1)

(2)

Comments

• Im guessing #2 is the Zeiss. And in case you are wondering why? Depth of field on #2 and closer crop signifying 85mm. Grain in the Bokeh on #1 showing the higher ISO choice along with looser crop. Am I correct?

Beautiful daughter and shot by the way, but If I may add and this is personal choice for a critique. (not that you asked)  I would like to see the pose a little refined without the lean. Also the rail/fence is a tad distracting and draws the eye away from a perfect photo. But thats a nit pick:) 
  • Funny, you are so right about the lean. I did not even notice that before, which is why its is great to get feedback. I will try some on the other side of the rose fence as well. I guess the lens challenge was pretty simple, i just love the bokeh from the Zeiss lens but I can really use it one slower moving subjects due to the manual focus.
  • Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
    The shallower DoF gives away which one is the 85mm lens. 

Also, the bokeh of the top image is a little busier - and that would be the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8