Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Wedding Photography

Larry_1947Larry_1947 Member
edited April 2013 in wedding photography
Hello. I have been following your site for several years and have purchased all of your books. I feel that they have helped me a great deal in my photography. I am a wedding photographer, based in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. This is my tenth year in business. I also photograph families, High School Seniors, newborns and children. But, my question concerns wedding photography. Over the last two years, we have noticed a decline in bookings, due to the amount of beginning photographers shooting weddings and only providing CDs. They will shoot a wedding for $400.00-$500.00 and we just can't compete with that. We provide very nice albums, of all sizes, along with canvases for our clients. I feel my work speaks for itself and our clients have been very pleased. Lately, it seems as though the girls we meet with are only interested in viewing their images on their computer. Even our son's wife, when they married two years ago, did not want any prints, saying, "When we want to view them, we can always view them on our computer." I have been considering revamping my packages, prices, and introducing a package which includes an iPad, or some other similar device with all of their images on it. Do you mind sharing your thoughts on this? Thank you so much.
www.larryhollowayphotography.com
larrywhwy@bellsouth.net

Comments

• MikeZMikeZ Member
    It seems as though the digital/ipad-phone/ computer era is diluting a lot of skill sets these days. People don't seem to understand how much work just goes into a wedding to make a beautiful product for a total stranger...Heck we should start a faceb*ok streaming wedding site so the guests don't even have to show up! LOL they can watch online and eat chips while in their underware!