on-camera flash photography book
My book on flash photography techniques for on-camera speedlites is based on the articles published on this website, but the material has been fleshed out into a cohesive and thorough approach to getting the best from your on-camera speedlight.
Particular care was taken to present it all with a logical flow with the intention that it will all progressively help the reader attain a better understanding of flash photography.
You can purchase a copy via the Amazon link here. The book is also available on the Apple iBook Store. Also check for the Amazon Kindle version.
info about the other books on photography
1. On-camera flash photography, by Neil vN
2. Off-camera flash photography, by Neil vN
3. Direction and Quality of Light, by Neil vN
also check out my list of recommended books on photography technique,
and my choice of best photography books.
Errata & Corrections – On-Camera Flash
I would like to correct a few errors in my book on flash photography.
It seems no matter how many times work is cross-checked, mistakes do slip by.
- On p.107 – plate 14-14 .. the camera settings are incorrectly given. (They are correct in the actual text on p. 106). The correct description for plate 14-14 (p.107) should read:
Adjusting my camera settings, I dropped the ambient light and left the couple illuminated mostly by flash. Settings: 1/250th @ f2 @ 320 ISO
- The image on p.71 (plate 10-13) has a slight error. It says that I bounced the flash to my right, but as should be clear from the photograph, I did indeed bounce the flash to my left. (I have a life-long tendency to confuse left and right when I give directions or descriptions, and it unfortuntely creeped in there as a typo with that image.)
newsletter / forum / photography workshops