Welcome to the forum!

As an adjunct to the Tangents blog, the intention with this forum is to answer any questions, and allow a diverse discussion of topics related photography. With that, see it as an open invitation to just climb in and start threads and to respond to any threads.

Humans Of New York: On how I approach strangers in the street

Neil vNNeil vN Administrator
edited April 2014 in home

Comments

• ZenonZenon Member
    edited April 2014
    Interesting. A good tie with Vivian Maier. I've been in several conversations about how she shot in a time where it was much easier to do this. Also there weren't many people doing it and with a twin reflex people may not have even realized what she was doing. These days the a risk of on being on the internet, worse social media and especially with kids. You can get people very angry. I'd love to do more but I am always self conscience and most of the time I back away. A telephoto comes in handy but you can't capture the environment as well.
  • Strange this shoyld come up here , weirdly my self is bottling it up to shoot random people on the streets for practise , Stuggling to find any one to practise on at home. ,, I did a mok run at kingston the other day and bottled it , so will try again some where in london. , interesting video neil , Zenon its nice to know im not alone. Good comment pal
  • check out the muppet bouncing flash at 7:45!
  • Hey brave heart thanks. I now know what spray and prey mean. Looking at that guy gives me loads of confidence. Cheeeeaars pal