lingerie photo session with studio flash – model: Olena
During this same photo session with Olena – the first in my new photography studio space – we also worked with just the studio flashes. Actually, this part of the photo session was first. An easy setup just to get things rolling.
We used two lights here – the main light was a Profoto D1 head in the massive Westcott 7′ Parabolic Umbrella (vendor). It’s an easy light modifier to use, since it gives a wrap-around light that is very forgiving. Forgiving to how the photographer places the light, and also forgiving to the subject – not that Olena really needed that!
The pull-back shot to show how the Westcott 7′ Parabolic Umbrella (vendor) was positioned.
Details for the main image at the top:
And then, to mix it up a bit, I shot directly into the huge Westcott 7′ Parabolic Umbrella (vendor), to get a silhouette image of Olena. The image was enhanced with Radlab filters for Photoshop to give a summery warm feeling as if she might be on the beach somewhere.
The pull-back shot shows how it actually looked, and shows how Olena was framed against the umbrella.
I used the Radlab plugin to get that sun-drenched look.
photo gear used
- Nikon D4; Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S VR II
- Canon 6D; Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
- Profoto D1 Air 500 W/s studio light
- Profoto 7″ reflector and a Profoto 10 degree Honeycomb Grid
- Westcott 7′ Parabolic Umbrella
- lingerie photo session: video light & studio flash – model: Olena
- lingerie photo shoot in the studio – model: Carly Erin
- colored gels with flash photography – model: Jessica Joy
- lighting a boudoir photo session – model: Carla Starla