black foamie thing / black foamy thing
I use the black foamie thing (BFT) as a truly inexpensive flash modifier to flag my on-camera flash to give me lighting indoors that truly look nothing like on-camera flash.
This page is a reference to the articles on how I use the BFT in my work.
|The piece of foam (Amazon), can be ordered via this affiliate link. I cut the sheet into smaller pieces.
The BFT is held in position by two hair bands, and the BFT is usually placed on the underside of the flash-head.
The linked articles will give clearer instruction, especially the video clip on using the black foamie thing.
articles about the black foamie thing:
- bounce flash portrait – a consistent technique (model: Shawna)
- bounce flash technique – mimicking soft window light ( bride: Jennifer)
- bounce flash & short lighting (model: Noreen)
- bounce flash & direction of light (model: Carly Erin)
- bounce flash & catchlights
- why I use a light modifier that is black (bride: Heather)
- bridal portrait with bounce flash (bride: Stacey)
- directional light from your on-camera flash (bride: Laura)
- bounce flash photography & white balance settings (model: Roz)
- using the black foamie thing to bounce flash forward (wedding: Tatiana)
- bounce flash with and without the black foamie thing (model: AD)
- wedding photography – tips for detail shots of the wedding rings
- bounce flash for bridal portraits (bride: Christine)
- using on-camera bounce flash outdoors at night (wedding: Jen & Chris)
- light modifiers – shoot-through umbrella vs bounce flash
- gelling your flash for effect (model: Bethany)
- Ulorin Vex – Monaco foyer (photo session 4)
… and there are always more articles on flash photography being added to the list.
Of course, there is also a Facebook fan page for the black foamie thing.
If you find these articles interesting and of value, then you can help by using
these affiliate links to order equipment & other goodies. Thank you!